Prof. Patryk Kot (Editor-in-Chief)
Prof Patryk Kot graduated from Liverpool John Moores University with a BSc (Hons) in Computer Technology, MSc in Microelectronic Systems Design and a PhD entitled “The feasibility of using EM waves in determining the moisture content and factors effecting measurements in building fabrics”, completed in 2017. From 2016, he worked as a Research Assistant within the Built Environment and Sustainable Technologies (BEST) Research Institute working on Healthcare sensor technologies, underwater sensing and energy from waste. In 2017, he became a Senior Lecturer in Civil Engineering, in 2019 he became a Reader in Sensor Technologies at Liverpool John Moores University within the school of Civil Engineering and Built Environment. In 2021, he became a Professor of Microwave Sensor technologies and Deputy Director of BEST Research Institute whilst leading multiple externally funded research projects in structural health monitoring, material characterisation and healthcare.
Dr. Magomed Muradov (Co-Editor-in-Chief)
Dr Magomed Muradov graduated from Liverpool John Moores University, School of Engineering, with a BSc (Hons) in Computer Technology in 2012, followed by an MSc in Microelectronic System Design within the same school. He then obtained a PhD entitled “Prediction of Water Activity in Cured Meat using Microwave Spectroscopy” at LJMU, in 2017. Once he completed his PhD, he joined the LCR4.0 programme as an industrial software specialist – delivering the project on behalf of Sensor City Liverpool Limited – supporting companies in the Liverpool City Region to adopt industry 4.0 technologies (support with software/hardware development, prototyping/product development, sensors/systems integration and IoT). This involved engagement with SMEs to identify and provide a solution to their industrial challenges, providing support ranging from research and development, knowledge transfer and the acceleration of ideas from concept through to commercialisation. His team has worked with and supported over 30 companies within 2.5 years, which has led to creation of new jobs, new products to the firms and market. After successfully delivering the LCR4.0 project in September 2019, Magomed joined LJMU as a lecturer within the Faculty of Engineering and Technology. In addition, Magomed is actively involved in an academic research, which focuses on non-destructive measurements/sensing based on microwave technologies in a number of sectors, namely food quality control, structural health monitoring and healthcare.
Dr. Khalid Hashim (Co-Editor-in-Chief)
Khalid Hashim is a specialist in advanced water and wastewater treatment technologies. He has extensive research interests covering a wide variety of interdisciplinary perspectives concerning the theory and practice of advanced hybrid technologies in water and wastewater treatment. He has published over 75 peer-reviewed scientific publications and three book chapters in multidisciplinary research areas, including waste management, water treatment, wastewater treatment, applications of sensing technology in monitoring water and wastewater quality, and design and modelling electrochemical reactors. Additionally, Dr Khalid has good research experience in the pollution of construction materials, concrete additives, and soil additives. Dr Khalid is also a fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy.
Journal Editorial Board
- Dr Jakub Markiewicz- Faculty of Geodesy and Cartography, Institute of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Systems, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland,
- Assistant Prof Anas Al-Hayawi - Department of Biology, Tikrit University, Iraq
- Dr Salah Zubaidi - Department of Civil Engineering, University of Wasit, Iraq
- Dr Alaa Abd Ali - Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Rutgers University, USA
- Dr Muhammad Abdulredha - Department of Civil Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Kerbala, Kerbala, Iraq
- Dr Behnam Nayebi - Microplastics and Environmental Engineering, York University, Canada
- Dr Maliheh Arab - Environmental Engineering, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad 9177948974, Iran
- Dr Mahdieh Ghiyasi Faramarz - Department of Building and Environmental Engineering, Concordia University, Canada
- Assistant Prof. Mohammad Amir Khan - Galgotias College of Engineering and Technology (GCET), Uttar Pradesh, India
- Dr Artur Warchoł - Faculty of Environmental, Geomatic and Energy Engineering, Department of Geodesy and Geomatics, Kielce University of Technology, Poland
- Dr Qiang Hua - School of Computing and Engineering, University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom
- Dr Rui Pei - Colledge of Information Science and Technology, Donghua University, China
- Dr Bo Liu - James Watt School of Engineering, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Dr Jose-Luis Olvera-Cervantes - Instituto Nacional de Astrofisica, Mexico
- Associate Professor Volodymyr Levytskyi - Department of Mine Surveying, Faculty of Mining, Environmental Engineering and Construction, Zhytomyr Polytechnic State Univerity, Ukraine.
- Assistant Professor Dr Shatha Y. Al-Samarrai - Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Tikrit University, Iraq.